Monday, September 1, 2008

Time for my big-girl panties

There's nothing like a birthday to remind me that I'm not that close to the top of anybody's list. I don't really know what to think about that though. I guess it should just remind me that I'm really the only person that I have to count on.

I guess I should put my big-girl panties on and quit feeling sorry for myself.

It's just that I spend so much time trying to accommodate other people, trying to make other people happy and just trying to be everybody's everything. It sucks a little when the more you do for people, the more you get taken advantage of and generally overlooked. Sometimes I feel like I should have been a spoiled brat, general bitch or asshole to get anyone to give me the time of day.

On a positive note: I've been studying for my classes and I'm finding it very interesting and motivating!! I have a 40-question quiz in medical terminology tomorrow, and I'm fairly certain that I'll have a pop quiz in anatomy & physiology.

No comments: