Monday, September 15, 2008

One of the blessed ones

As I sit here and type this blog, I cannot believe that my Internet works. The Midwest fell victim to the aftermath of Hurricane Ike that battered Texas. Our downed trees and power lines are a pain in the neck, but nothing compared to what happened to the poor people in Texas. So I won't complain about any minor inconveniences. I am blessed. Nothing happened to my house, and both my electricity and Internet work. Thank God.

My parents, on the other hand, have been without power for two days now. And my mother is not happy. But I keep reminding her that she is lucky to have a roof and walls and whatnot.

I must admit that I got a really good scare when I arrived home yesterday afternoon; I tell you, there is no fear like the fear of arriving home and finding a fire truck blocking your street and another in front of your house. That happened to me yesterday, but the firefighters were not in the area for anything related to my house. Thank God. I don't even know why they were here, but I'm just glad they weren't here for me.

I've got a major test in medical terminology tomorrow. I'm actually excited about it. I'm all studied up, but I plan on putting the finishing touches on tomorrow.

Tootles.

No comments: