Wednesday, September 3, 2008

It's a sad day

I got a kind of weird feeling on the first night of medical terminology when my professor told us that a death would be cause for an excused absence. She said that someone was going to die before the semester ended. Ever since then I've been feeling very uneasy, mainly because I immediately think and worry that someone in my family will die.

That didn't happen, but someone did die. My landlord died yesterday. I'm so sad about it. This man was such a nice person. I knew old Doc Nolan before he was ever my landlord. I remember when Doc Nolan came to my class in elementary school to collect eyeglasses to take on a trip to Honduras. That's where he went just about every year to give eye care and glasses to poor families who otherwise would not be able to afford such a thing.

He was always doing something for someone. And he was always taking care of his wife. He always talked about his wife Bernice. My heart hurts a little wondering what will happen to Bernice now that her other half is no longer at her side. I know that she has a strong faith in God; I pray that God will bring her some kind of peace.

No comments: