Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Here I go again

So it seems that they make this blogging thing easy enough for anyone to participate. Thank God. I'm not really down for doing anything that will tax my brain anymore than necessary. I'm a week away from my big return to college where I plan to become a medical coder. Fascinating, I know. But I've been studying a lot of medical terms and learning about the body and its functions. My brain is officially full.

Enough of that. How about that Michael Phelps? Yum! The young fella is on the cover of Sports Illustrated looking especially . . . naked. I'm sure he's not, but I'd like to imagine him that way. As yummy as he looks, I have to remind myself that he is only 23 years old; I didn't like 23-year-old guys when I was 23. Now that I'm 10 years his senior, I'll have to settle for a giant poster of the SI cover for the inside of my bedroom closet door.

A recent conversation with my friend Laura - you'll hear a lot about her; she's my friend, counselor, Sex and the City co-fanatic, and dicked-over-by-guys partner - made me think about the many differences between men and women, which did nothing but piss me off. I mean, I like to think that I'm pretty sharp. I'm no Harvard graduate or art expert, but I can carry on an intelligent conversation with anyone. But I've found that men don't really want much conversation when it comes to a partner. Instead, it seems that men want a woman who isn't very smart and walks a couple steps behind. Oh, and she has to be ready for sex at the drop of a hat.

I recently had several conversations with a man who was actually in my preferred age range; he was well-spoken, appreciated the fact that I could discuss current events and whatnot. It soon became known that the guy couldn't be with a woman unless she was about 5'3" and weighed 110 pounds. I knew then and there that I had no interest in man who was so caught up in appearance. I mean, I looked past the fact that he seemed awfully feminine. I deleted him from my phone.

Laura and I have spent countless hours talking about how soooooooo many men in our lives suck and how we've been done wrong. I have to admit, though, Laura has be crapped on in more shocking ways than I have. Laura and I totally love watching Sex and the City because we see ourselves in those characters. OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!! We totally watch those episodes over and over and it's like watching them for the first time. The episode where Carrie gets broken up with via a Post-It note holds a special place in my heart because I was broken up with in a similar way. However, the tool used in my case was a dry-erase board. I still cry when I watch that episode. God bless Carrie Bradshaw! (Just kidding. I know she is not real. I still love the show.)

I could write all night, but I must commence to watching Big Brother (not sure the season).

Tootles.

1 comment:

Laura said...

No post today? I was so sad. I do love Michael Phelps and hear he is doing an endorsement for Frosted Flakes!!!!