Friday, January 23, 2009

Money isn't always a good motivator

I recently saw a commercial for the next season of Survivor (I'm not sure the number or what country this series will take place). It got me to thinking about what provokes people to want to participate in an experiment such as this.

The money?
Contestant's aren't guaranteed money. I mean, they actually have to out-lie, out-wit and get to the very end before they win money. All the while, they have to sleep on the ground, sometimes in the rain, and among rats, snakes and all kinds of other animals and reptiles and whatnot. And they have to participate in these physical challenges that just look sooooooooooo hard.

There's no shaving, plucking, deodorant and all kinds of little things that I consider a must. I know shaving isn't a MUST, but it's a must to me, even if I don't get around to shaving my legs for a few days - depending on how tired and depressed I am.
And don't even get me started about other areas that won't be able to be shaved out in the middle of nowhere.

I absolutely could not be part of such an experiment. I would totally get on people's nerves. Sure, I'm capable of being polite and whatnot. But that would only last for a short while. For one, the food supply isn't very plentiful, as past episodes have shown. And anyone who knows me can attest to the fact that I require food to function, and caffeine. I would be a serious bitch without caffeine and limited food. I'm getting scared just thinking about it.

I would be too honest for other people's liking. I know this about myself. I try to not break out the honestly as much as before. But I still have my moments. It's usually in the middle of one of those moment's when I realize that I probably should just shut up. But it's usually too late once I've figured that out.

There is just no way that anyone would choose me to win $1 million.
Plus, I don't think I could get to the end because I wouldn't be able to do all the lying that seems to be required. Oh, and I'm not a very good liar anyway. Gossiping I've got down. Lying, not so much.

Oh well, I guess I'll stick to dry land and my nice comfy bed.

No comments: