Tuesday, November 4, 2008

History in the making

As I sit here, watching television, I can't believe that the United States has come this far. From a country that had slaves - and still has many racial hurdles to overcome - I'm watching a man with half of his making as black possibly become president.

I honestly never thought I would see this in my lifetime. Sure, slavery is illegal and all that. But race is still a huge factor in this country, both quiet and spoken.

I feel so proud to be able to be part of this history. I voted at 8 a.m. and was voter 116; I couldn't have been happier. I was so excited that I could not stand still as I waited in line. I was actually so excited that I messed up the first time and had to get a new ballot.

Do I think Barack Obama is going to save the world? No.
I do think that he will be such a breathe of fresh air, something new.

I'm just so excited about it all.

No comments: