Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I wonder if she can tell that I've gained weight

So many things run through my head when I encounter someone I know whom I haven't seen in a long time: 1. I know I know this person, please let their name come to me soon; 2. Oh my God, am I wearing makeup?; 3. Oh man, look how fat I am. Wonder if they can tell...


That last thought is, for me, the thing that will play through my mind the longest, or until I lose weight and see that person again. I've handled this same situation in so many different ways. Today I was stuck in line at Subway, so there was no running and pretending that I didn't see her. Fortunately, I handled the situation in a grownup kind of way. The woman is a PhD so I'm sure she noticed the significant size of my butt.... Oh well, what to do?


There was the time at Wal-Mart where I turned a corner and noticed an ex-boyfriend. Like any 30-something who was mortified, I acted like I didn't know him and continued walking. Did I mention that I was mortified? And the thing that is so insane about that situation is the ex-boyfriend is such an idiot (who I still can't believe that I wasted my time on) and I shouldn't even care what he thinks of my fat butt. Stupid me.... I would so scold any of my sisters if a similar thought or concern crossed their mind.


Geesh.... I still cringe when I think of all the times that I've run into people that I know and wonder if they notice how fat I've gotten. Like they were all visually impaired to the extent that they don't notice fat people. .... Gahh, wouldn't that be nice?

No comments: